Wednesday, 28 September 2011
Oops. I have not blogged for a while but I am alive and feeling well. Have been a little busy with life you know.
Now autumn has arrived and everything is so beautiful out there. The colors, the air and sun (when it pleases to shine).
I have to tell you when Charlie was chased by a mad moose the other day. But in another post. Cliffhanger people! LOL!
Wednesday, 14 September 2011
Tuesday, 13 September 2011
Yesterday I ate my favorite soup. Perfect for those windy fall days. Ratatouille is a classic French vegetable mix. It usually consists of tomatoes, eggplant, zucchini, peppers and onions. The ingredients hacked and fried in oil. The name comes from the French touiller, "to stir". Here is a soupversion.
½ -1 eggplant
3 cloves garlic
½ cup olive oil
1 bay leaf
1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
1 red bell pepper
2 cups white wine
1 liter vegetable stock
2 cups tomato juice
1 cup black olives with stone
1. Cut eggplant into cubes 1.5 × 1.5 cm.
2. Peel and roughly chop the shallots and garlic. Add chopped in a pan and fry it in olive oil. Add the bay leaf and thyme and let it sizzle with. Dice the zucchini. Seed and dice peppers. Add the diced it into the pot. Dilute with wine and vegetable stock. Let cook about 5 minutes.
3. Cut the tomatoes into cubes. Stir them into the pot and continue boiling for 5 minutes, so the tomatoes clarifies a bit.
4. Season with shredded basil, salt and white pepper. Please let the soup stand in a cool place and pull over a couple of hours to allow flavors ripen.
5. Cut the baguette into pieces. Drizzle a little olive oil and roast them along with the olives in a pan just before serving.
6. One can usefully serve a sour cream sauce with garlic.
Thursday, 8 September 2011
I am totally obsessed in playing Scrabble right now. It keeps my mind busy and it really gives me a thrill.
I play it on my iPhone and the app is called Wordfeud. It´s for free and you can play with people all over the world. I really recommend it. But I must warn you, it´s addictive!!
My nickname is Miss Lollipopp. Please add me so we can play!!
In these times a serotonin substitute cake is in order. It´s delicious and a piece of cake to make.
For the cake you will need:
- 1 dl water
- 3 lemons
- 2 eggs
- 2 dl sugar
- 2 tea spoons of baking powder
- 2 dl flour
- 1 dl sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tea spoons vanilla powder
- 75 grams of butter
- 4 tea spoons of fresh lemon juice
Preheat the owen to 175 degrees Celsius and start putting some butter into a baking pan or mould. Mix the eggs with the sugar in a bowl and add the water.
Grate the skin from two lemons and add it to the batter. Stir the juice from the same two lemons into the mixture, add the flour and the baking powder and mix it all together.
Pour the batter into the mould and let it get a nice colour in the owen for 30 min.
For the frosting, heat the butter up in a saucepan and then mix the sugar, vanilla powder, egg yolks and lemon juice at once in the pan.
When the cake is finished and a little chilled, pour all the buttery frosting on top of it and let it chill for a while and then add coconut flakes generously over it and garnish with some freshly cut lemon bits. Serve it cold, as it is or with some vanilla cream on top.
Tuesday, 6 September 2011
Life goes on. My father was operated on monday. The reduced the metastases in the liver and everything went as the doctors planned. Now it only remains radiation and an operation to remove the main tumor in the bowel. Cancer is really a terrible disease.
I feel a little depressed right now and just working, cooking or going out on walks with Charlie is making me so tired. I guess it´s my bodys way to say; slow down for a while. So I will.
Friday, 2 September 2011
Catched the rainbow on camera yesterday. The weather right now is a bit strange. Pouring rain alternate with sunshine. It´s difficult how to dress. Rubber boots or flip flops? Like my mood nowdays.
Soundtrack of the day.