Sunday 31 July 2011

Day 03 – Your parents



My father was born in 1951 and works at Sweden's largest bank Nordea. My mother, born a year after my father, is a nurse. They both mean a lot to me and I have a very good and close relationship with them.


Mom and dad were born and raised in Gothenburg in Sweden. For about six years ago they bought a house in the country after many years in the big city. They love it there even though it means two hours of commuting to and from work every day. Mom has her horse boarded at the neighbor across the road which she thinks is wonderful. To ride and care for her horse is the best she knows. Dad has a great interest in music, especially classical music. In younger years he played piano for a professor and had dreams to become a professional pianist. But then came another in the way but he kept the piano-playing on a hobby instead. I remember very well all the times he played at weddings and funerals during my childhood. Today he is busy working and taking care of the house and the large garden of 4000 sqm.


Mom and dad met for the very first time in the early 1970's. My mom was married at the time but after a few years they became a couple and married 1975. Dad quickly noticed mom and quickly became fond of her. Mom remembers so well that she took a liking to my father after a while. He had a wonderful twinkle in his eyes. 1977 I was born and 15 months later my little sister.


When I was five, so mom opened a fabric store with a friend. Her friend also had children in exactly the same age as me and my sister. So every other day mom was working in the shop and then took her friend care for all of us children. And so they took turns on. Mom has always had a keen interest in fashion and fabric store went out really good. They also sewed up some pieces and sold. After five years her friend became pregnant with a third child and wanted to wind down and stop. Mom and she chose to sell it instead. She saddled and worked as a childminder for a few years ago to study further to become a nurse.


My parents are not perfect. There are obviously some things that they might now want to do again. My dad for example should had been a little more with us children when we were young. But I think most parents feel that. But I think today they really did their best given certain circumstances. I've always been a bit of a daddy's girl while my little sister suggested a lot to om. In adolescence, it squeaked a bit between me and mom but there are things that are forgotten today. We have talked about the difficult things and moved on. It is most important. That you can talk about the difficult things that might weigh one's heart, it is extremely important. Life is sometimes like a rollercoaster. In tough times, assistance from family, the finest available.


We traveled a lot during my childhood. I have wonderful memories of the very first overseas trip to Portugal, where I also learned how to swim. Excitement of big cities such as Barcelona, ​​Vienna, Paris and London. Thanks Mom & Dad for being there! I love you with all my ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment