Sunday 14 August 2011

Day 10 – Something that upsets you



There are obvious things that makes me upset. I think of big things like war, injustice, abuse of power and violence in all forms, especially the vulnerable such as children and animals. But if I concentrate on the personal level, there's something I really hate like the plague. What I think of is envy.

Envy is mentioned as one of the seven deadly sins. It's really not so surprising that many of mankind horrible actions often are rooted in envy of all kinds. You probably agree with me on that. But - when it comes to the personal level, I think probably all of us have ever suffered from envy or jealousy. I have sometimes suffered from streaks of it and it gives and does not create any positive feelings or bring any happiness in life. On the contrary, the more you caves down in this you more unhappier you become.

"There is a special place in hell for women who do not help each other."

 - The winged words are Madeleine Albrights America's first female foreign minister. One can only hope she is right. One can also hope for the opposite. A special place in heaven for women who help each other would be, the more pleasant.


I myself have been involved in female co-workers or friends felt threatened by me. Why me, I do not really understand. Most of them who really knows me, knows that I'd rather be in the background and hates to be seen and heard too much. I am quite shy of me, especially when it comes to unfamiliar social situations or new people.

On one occasion I was hired with another girl to the same job that was initially only ment for one person. The boss said with a little teasing tone that we could compete with each other. I took it all with calm. If it wasen´t for the other girl who took it all very or too much seriously. She drove the whole range of dirty tricks and as soon as I had success with things you more green with envy, she was. It ended sadly when I gave up because I could not handle her. Now I was very young at the time and if it have been today I would probably have stayed and given her a real fight.
When it comes to love relationships, there is no relationship more destroying than jealousy. Being jealous of your boyfriends female friends is a classic trap. And - yes, I have been in the degrading situation myself. But I have because of my experience, decided to stop thinking so negatively about myself and others. For what I send out will return to me. I send out love and positive thoughts about myself and I'll reap the rewards of that too.

2 comments:

  1. Hej Linda!

    Tack för berömmet, jag blir hemskt glad över att höra min engelska kallas "suverän"! :D

    Jag skriver mina inlägg direkt på engelska, ja - men man får kanske säga att det är lite fusk eftersom jag är halvamerikan och har pratat engelska med min pappa, lillasyster, farmor, farfar, faster och kusinerna i hela mitt liv. Eftersom jag varit väldigt mycket i USA för att hälsa på familjen har jag alltid varit smått besatt av att vara så bra på engelska som möjligt för att slippa kommentarer om mitt ordförråd, min grammatik eller min accent.

    Jag skriver på engelska nu dels för att familjen och mina utländska vänner ska kunna läsa bloggen, dels för att förbättra min engelska, dels för att nå fler läsare och dels för att skilja på mitt bloggande och mitt "eget" skrivande. Självklart känns det extremt begränsande ibland, eftersom jag är van att kunna uttrycka mig bättre än så, men det enda sättet att utvecklas är ju att kämpa på!

    Dock vet jag inte riktigt vad du är så osäker på - det här inlägget t.ex. är ju enormt komplicerat språkligt, och du sköter det alldeles utmärkt. Jag skriver ju som du kanske märkt mest lättsamma texter om vardag och kläder, eftersom det är så jag vill ha det just nu, och det är förstås mycket enklare än att skriva den här sortens resonerande åsiktsbaserade texter. Jag tycker att du är asduktig!

    Stor kram,
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tusen tack för din fina kommentar Annika!
    Ja, det är verkligen en utmaning att skriva på engelska. Jag tackar och bockar djupt för dina heja-rop.

    Kärlek ♥

    ReplyDelete